NEW YORK – October 11, 2012 – The Whistle, NBC Sports Network’s weekly series centered on kids and sports, focuses on leadership, fun and fitness in tomorrow’s episode. Tom Brady, Victor Cruz, Chris Snee and Clay Matthews are featured in Friday’s show, airing at 4 p.m. ET. Highlights of the episode include:
· Moments that Matter: Super Bowl XXXVI & XXXVIII MVP and Patriots quarterback Tom Brady looks back on his draft day and how it has influenced his leadership style;
· Locker Room Confidential: New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz tells us who he thinks is the best-dressed Giant, and Giants guard Chris Snee dishes the dirt on who is the loudest in the locker room;
· Training Zone: Green Bay linebacker Clay Matthews gives tips on eating well, and Packers running back Cedric Benson advises on stretching;
· Sounds of Practice: A behind-the-scenes look at coaches at practice in between games;
· #FF (Follow Friday): A glance at Redskins’ defensive end Adam Carriker’s twitter feed (@adamcarriker94) and his reactions;
· An interview with Minnesota Twins catcher Joe Mauer and how he could have played professional football rather than baseball;
· A look at the next generation of Dew Tour competitors;
· An educational training piece on the benefits of dynamic stretching.
NBC Sports Network will air an episode of The Whistle every Friday at 4 p.m. ET. The Whistle covers the players, the fans, the training and the sports for kids.
About the NBC Sports Network:
NBC Sports Network, part of the NBC Sports Group, is dedicated to serving passionate sports fans. Now in nearly 80 million homes, the network is the cable television home of the Summer and Winter Olympics, National Hockey League (NHL), Major League Soccer (MLS), IZOD IndyCar Series, Tour de France and the 34th America’s Cup. In addition, NBC Sports Network features college football, college basketball, college hockey, horse racing surrounding the Triple Crown, Fight Night boxing, Ironman, the Dew Action Sports Tour and USA Sevens Rugby. The network is also home to original programs such as Costas Tonight, NFL Turning Point, Caught Looking, NBC Sports Talk, and Pro Football Talk. NBC Sports Network is distributed via cable systems and satellite operators throughout the United States.
– NBC Sports Group –