NEW YORK – October 4, 2012 – The Whistle, a sports anthology series targeted toward the youngest generation of fans, premieres this Friday, October 5, at 4 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network. The inaugural edition of the children’s show features:
· Interviews with NFL quarterbacks and Super Bowl MVPs Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning;
· Training tips and recommendations from San Francisco 49ers tight end Vernon Davis;
· Behind-the-scenes moments with Ravens running back Ray Rice as he visits his mom, Janet Rice, and the school where she teaches in Baltimore;
· The NHL’s #1 goalie and 2010 Olympian Henrik Lundqvist;
· Tips on how to dunk from the Harlem Globetrotters;
· Trick basketball shots from YouTube sensation All Day Basketball;
· Advice from skateboard star Manny Santiago;
· And an educational segment on the importance of the ACL and how to treat the sports injury.
NBC Sports Network will air an episode of The Whistle each week for ten weeks beginning this Friday, October 5 at 4 p.m. ET. The Whistle covers the players, the fans, the training and the sports for kids.
About the NBC Sports Network:
NBC Sports Network, part of the NBC Sports Group, is dedicated to serving passionate sports fans. Now in nearly 80 million homes, the network is the cable television home of the Summer and Winter Olympics, National Hockey League (NHL), Major League Soccer (MLS), IZOD IndyCar Series, Tour de France and the 34th America’s Cup. In addition, NBC Sports Network features college football, college basketball, college hockey, horse racing surrounding the Triple Crown, Fight Night boxing, Ironman, the Dew Action Sports Tour and USA Sevens Rugby. The network is also home to original programs such as Costas Tonight, NFL Turning Point, Caught Looking, NBC Sports Talk, and Pro Football Talk. NBC Sports Network is distributed via cable systems and satellite operators throughout the United States.