- We’ve added more detail about the personal information we use and collect, including through mobile apps;and
- We explain how we share information with the companies in the NBCUniversal group.
Most recent change – May 2014
- We’ve added more information about how to opt out of receiving targeted advertising on mobile apps.
Privacy at NBCUniversal
At NBCUniversal, we respect personal information and take seriously our privacy obligations. This website describes NBCUniversal’s approach to privacy for the NBCUniversal websites and mobile applications that link to this page (“online services”). We are committed to handling personal information in compliance with the specific provisions of applicable privacy laws worldwide.
NBCUniversal may collect the following information:(1) information you provide actively (e.g. through forms, surveys, or similar interactive features on the online services); (2) information from the device that you use to access the online services; (3) information about your use of the online services, including video viewing, which may be collected through cookies/ tracking technologies and/or (4) information from third parties.more
Except where otherwise indicated, our online services are not knowingly directed to children under the age of 13. If you’re under 13 please do not provide us information about yourself. Where we direct our online services to children, we will take additional steps, as required, to protect children’s privacy.more
You understand and agree that NBCUniversal shares information we collect as follows:
- Within NBCUniversal and with third party suppliers, in order to provide you with the online services;
- With other third parties (e.g., law enforcement agencies) where required by law or where required as a part of a corporate transaction (e.g., if a company is sold);
- With third parties for marketing and advertising purposes (this may vary across different countries or states in accordance with law). California residents can access a list of these third parties.
- With companies in the NBCUniversal family, in order to cross-promote NBCUniversal services or for research purposes. You have choices about this.
NBCUniversal provides online service users with access to and choices about their information as required by law. This includes rights to unsubscribe from marketing, opt-out of targeted advertising and revoke permissions previously provided (e.g. you may revoke permissions to have a mobile app use your current location). Some online services may not be available or there may be impact on functionality when you make these choices.more
We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.more
We may use the information we collect about your use of online services from your browsing behavior to provide you with online advertisements that might be relevant to you. You can opt- out of this “targeted advertising”. The effect of opting out is controlled by third parties, but they may still collect your usage information for analytic, research or internal operations purposes.
Cookies/ tracking technologies are used on some of our online services to serve ads, perform analytics, and make the online services as interesting as possible to you. By using our online services you are consenting to the use of these cookies/tracking technologies but you do have choices about cookies/tracking technologies. Some online services may not be available or there may be impact on functionality when you make these choices.
NBCUniversal is a global company with headquarters in the United States. Information may be processed in the United States, as well as at various locations globally.more